Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Throwing Caution to the Wind

We made a productive day of it today. 53 miles in all, further than we intended to go. The wind started off light and variable. The anchorage was quiet, calm, and serene. The water was like glass as we glided out into the channel.

It's hard not to be struck by the beauty of the BC coast. Just as we were thinking we might sneak up on Cape Caution unobserved, she played her favorite trick: fog.

It wasn't really thick; just enough to keep us on edge. We felt we could see what we needed to. That was a good thing because Quijote's radar quit working. I'm not sure that it's not working, but it doesn't appear to be giving me any useful information. I guess we call that not working, unless of course there is no data.

When we arrived at tonight's anchorage it was choked with kelp. I don't know why it was recommended. We moved on and went to the next anchorage. It's huge leaving a lot of swinging room; a good thing since the wind is really blowing in here. I suppose having room for swinging leaves room for wind so we get what we plan for.

No comments:

Post a Comment