Thursday, June 25, 2026

What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday was a scorcher. We hiked into an impressively large lake, red with the tannins of centuries of cedar trees. We dove into the refreshing water from a dilapidated logging dock, sudsed up and dove in again.

I took a pic of the most handsome frog I've ever seen. He stroked his strong legs though the water to impress us with his athleticism, then hung limply in the water, enjoying the warmth of the sun above and the cool water from below. Just as we were doing.I'll post it when I can.  

Today it's raining; a hard rain that makes it difficult to see across the cove. We're in Waddington Cove, nestled among a cluster of rocky islands, cozy in the boat until morning when we'll bundle up and head for the next anchorage.

Tomorrow will be our 43rd out of fifty days on this little adventure.

1 comment: