We’re in Shearwater tonight. Jeff and I were here two weeks ago in windy wet weather. Today is glorious, though still windy.
There are far fewer boats tied to the dock than I've ever seen at this marina before. I don't know why. It's the middle of June - I'd think peak season. Where is everybody? The laundry room was empty. The store was empty. Seating on the restaurant's patio was plentiful. I guess Shearwater is just not always the hubbub of activity I think it is.
Or, here's a thought, the locals who would be in Shearwater hunkered down on an ugly day like we experienced two weeks ago are all out fishing on a day like today.
We made the best of a short visit today, arriving after 1pm. I did a little laundry while the gents filled our water tanks and rinsed the boat free of salt spray.
We'll leave tomorrow after breakfast and travel an easy 20K to position ourselves to scoot back around the Cape if the weather allows. If not, we’ll spend another night in position. I think it’ll probably be OK. The wind is coming from the north northwest which is ideal really. We’ll probably make a go of it in the next couple days.
I went for a run this afternoon. After so many days of inactivity, or different activity, it actually felt pretty good. I’m a little surprised.
Now it’s bedtime. I can’t wait.
I remember taking the hike alone there once and suddenly realizing I needed to be on the lookout for bears
ReplyDelete